Operates Rotomolding machines to produce parts as directed by Shift Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor/Rotomolding.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Reports to work on time to receive daily work assignments and special instructions from the supervisory staff prior to relieving the off-going operator or starting a machine assignment.
2. Reports to the beginning of the shift for work instructions from off-going operators and operating partner to discuss the status of the machine, production recent performance and any current instructions regarding safe and efficient operations.
3. When working with a partner, works in a cooperative manner so as to most effectively carry out safe and efficient molding operations.
4. Always, especially at the start of each shift, checks machinery, equipment and tools for safe and proper operation. Any machinery, equipment or tools that are not safe or working properly must be reported to a supervisor immediately.
5. Knows and adheres to all written and understood safety policies of Remcon.
6. Maintains a clean and organized work area.
7. Adheres to all written or generally understood policies of Remcon.
1. Operate manual and electric hoists along with their associated, chains, riggings and hooks.
2. Weigh the proper amounts of different plastic resin powders according to written instructions.
3. Use various hand tools safely and effectively.
4. Use various hand tools such as grinders, routers and circular saws safely and effectively according to written and verbal instructions.
5. Inspect molded parts for various defects.
6. Perform various trimming operations according to written and verbal instructions.
7. Take various dimensional readings using tape measures, rulers and scales according to written and verbal instructions.
8. Perform basic mold preparation including: cleaning parting lines, cleaning vent tubes and replacing fill material correctly charging with powder, preparing molded-in inserts and any other relevant work. All of these operations must be carried out without causing damage to molds or equipment.
9. Report any operational problems, such as demolding difficulties or any problems with the items listed above to supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
1. Changing molds.
2. Preparing powder containers.
3. Using cooling fixtures, as needed.